To see what it's like to have coaching support through this process, sign up for a free call. You'll get a serious jumpstart on understanding exactly why you drink more than you want and a clear understanding of where to focus your attention to solve the issue.
So you want to change how you drink?
It's for sure one of the best things I've done for my life, ranking up there with quitting a 20-year corporate career to fulfill a dream of being a carpenter and contractor, and using meditation to solve a lifelong anger problem.
Here's what changed for me.
- Not organizing my life around drinking gives me freedom and independence.
- Being engaged with my emotional experience, instead 'taking the edge off' with alcohol, makes me courageous and bold.
- Being able to consistently follow through on the commitments I make to myself makes me feel trustworthy and reliable.
- Using my body instead of abusing it just feels good. At age 57 I'm fitter and stronger than I was in my 30's.
- My life is full of possibility in a way that was missing when the highlight of the day was that 3-beer buzz.
I'm happy that your concern over your drinking has brought you here. As much as drinking might be a problem for you, this is an excuse and opportunity to learn a set of skills that will enable you to master your domain in all areas of life. My mission in these emails is to:
- inspire you to see how your life can be bigger and deeper, with more presence and connection, more excitement and more peace;
- and to give you practical information that you can put to use to generate that bigness for yourself.
The main focus will be on how to change your relationship with alcohol so that it becomes natural and easy to drink appropriately, whatever that means for you.
I hope also to convey that the tools and techniques I'll share have application far beyond just managing your drinking. Weight loss, exercise, time management and productivity, procrastination, interpersonal relationships - all of these can be tackled and improved using what you'll learn as you change your drinking.
To get started, click the video above to get the overview of the process.
There's an opportunity here to set forth on a journey that will change your life. Radical changes aren't necessary - just shifting your direction by a tiny amount can have a huge compounded effect over a few years.
I encourage you to take a few minutes and think about what this journey may look like and where it could end. Here are some questions to consider.
- What would your day-to-day/week-to-week drinking behavior look like in your ideal future?
- What would be the direct and indirect benefits?
- How would life (health, money, relationships) be different in 6 months as compared to continuing on your current trajectory? In 5 years?
- What are the main obstacles to making the change you want?
- What's about any of this is the most scary?